Abacus Digital is part of our evolving portfolio of services to lottery. Through Abacus’ connectivity to a retailer’s existing Point of Sale (POS) system, delivering traditional ‘Print on Receipt’ draw based game tickets, we have expanded the service to include digital lottery play.
Abacus Digital allows lottery players with an app on their smartphone or portable device to purchase Powerball, Mega Millions and digital instant win games through Abacus-enabled cash registers in retail stores.
So how does it work?
National & local draw based games and digital instant win games
1. Abacus Digital can be integrated / embedded directly into a lottery or retailer app
2. Players select games from a menu, which are placed into a virtual basket
3. Upon checkout in the app, a unique barcode is generated for each basket
4. The player presents their mobile with the unique barcode to the cashier, which is scanned as part of their normal shopping experience just like all other items in the basket
5. Upon payment the games are requested and then activated from the lottery system and the tickets are printed on standard receipt paper or delivered digitally to the mobile app
6. Players can participate in rewards programs, second-chance draws and other game play, all enabled by Abacus through the app
7. Players have several options to cash out their winnings such as through a standard lottery terminal, a digital wallet, in-lane etc